Wednesday, June 04, 2008

On Plaisted & Hibbert

This pretty much sums up my thoughts.

Lifted from the Deseret News comment board:
McDuck | 8:10 a.m. June 4, 2008

Hey, I take pride in my ability to get winded on my walk to the fridge and get beatin off the dribble by 14 year olds in church ball. It elevates my soul when I put icy hot on my back as I sit on a conference call in the office under life draining flourescent lighting. Good luck to Plaisted, he'll get to play somewhere and play better than 99.**% of the people on planet earth, maybe not at the NBA level, but good enough to get paid for it. I'd rather be shooting jumpers than chewing on an office phone. As for the Jazz, Hear! Hear! To another lathargic, unmotivated 7 footer who irritates all fans with his great potential, and less than mediocre results.

3 comments:

Cameron said...

For the uninitiated, Trent Plaisted is a BYU basketball player who just declared early for the draft and threw gasoline on the Utah - BYU rivalry. Roy Hibbert is being projected by a number of websites to be selected by the Jazz in the first round of this year's NBA draft.

Now you know, and knowing is half the battle.

UtahTeacher said...

I don't think it was the best choice for Plaisted in terms of trying to make the NBA. He may get drafted, but I don't think he'll stick. But maybe he's right in thinking he's not going to make some major improvement next year and this is as high as he'll ever get. IF he's happy playing in Europe, this could be an excellent choice.

I'm at least interested in Hibbert. After a year, he won't be any worse than Collins, and he has at least some potential of being decent or better. I don't see a whole lot of more enticing things available drafting in the 20's.

Cameron said...

I was pretty shocked he went early too. He's probably a second rounder at best, and could have upped his first round chances with a good season and tourney run next year. So he either has inside info that I don't have, is really optimistic, has been fed bad info by an agent, or doesn't mind making good money playing in Europe instead of the NBA.

My fear with Hibbert is that he's another Ostertag. But I suppose as long as we don't pay him a gazillion dollars like we did the big 00 it'd be ok.